Saturday, August 20, 2011

It's My Party

My birthday has come and gone, and I'm another year older. Birthdays have always been a big deal in my family. It was an important time where the entire family set aside time to get together and celebrate the life of someone we love.

It might be because of my childhood that I still get so excited about birthdays. Every year, I start planning a month in advance. I need to know what I'm going to wear and where I'm going to wear it. Due to not-so-favorable circumstances, I wasn't as excited about my birthday this year. I never found a new dress and I wasn't in the mood to celebrate. But, the day came and it got better...

This year,  I woke up to some pretty nice surprises; my roomie had a glitter banner, card, my favorite sweet treats and an amazing gift laid out for me.



Then she took me to enjoy brunch at West Egg, where I had mimosas and the Westside Pileup (it was delicious and I can't wait to go back).

I decided to start out with dinner at Aja. It's a part of the Here to Serve Restaurant Group, which I love. All of their restaurants are fabulous. I had yet to try this one, but have had an abnormal craving for asian cuisine lately, so I knew this would be perfect.

After dinner, we had plans to visit my go-to bar in Buckhead and then venture to a place that lots of my friends have been, but I had not yet visited. It ended up being a crazy night where we didn't get home until 4:00 a.m., but it was fun and I'm so appreciative to the people that came out to celebrate. It's nice to know that even when I'm not in the mood to party, I have friends near by to make sure I have a good time.

A couple of pics from the evening:

1 comment:

  1. I'm still bummed I had to miss the celebration! Next time we are together, we'll party like it's our birthdays. ;)So glad your day was special! Love you.

    ReplyDelete