Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Friend = Supporter


“They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go,
but friendships never go out of style.” -Carrie Bradshaw

As bitchy as most people believe me to be (which I admittedly am, and it’s something I’m working on), I think my friends would agree that I am very caring as well. I have a passion for taking care of people and from a very early age, own mother often pointed out my “motherly instincts.”

I enjoy being the person that most people in my life turn to when they need help or advice. One thing that people know when coming to me is that while sharing my thoughts, I don’t hesitate to also share my sentiments.

Just as I would hope that my friends are honest in their words with me, I am completely honest with them. However, sometimes it seems that my opinions come across to certain people as an attempt to be controlling or judgmental and that is the last thing I want. I just don’t believe in asking someone’s opinion if you don’t want to hear the truth.

When my friends need me, I’m there. When they need me to give my opinion on an outfit, you can count on my blunt honesty. When they need me to take them to the doctor to take care of a little scare, I do that. When they are crying and just want to hear that everything is going to be okay, I am that person.

Still, I need to learn when my friends don’t need me and when I need to keep my thoughts to myself.

1 comment:

  1. Don't we all! And even so, honesty is usually the best policy. :)

    ReplyDelete