Monday, May 9, 2011

Music is what feelings sound like.

“When you're young, your whole life is about the pursuit of fun.”
-Carrie Bradshaw

I’ve always thought it would be really cool to have a soundtrack to my life. Like at the perfect moment, a beat just drops with vocals bursting the appropriate lyrics. Not possible, I know, but it sounds cool.
I recently stumbled upon dozens of old cds filled with music from middle and high school. The songs brought back many, many memories. I also realized how completely unsuitable my tunes were for someone of my age.

Music has always been therapeutic for me. Whether it’s hard rock, hip hop, classical, pop- whatever it is, I love it. I love the way the beat gets me moving. One of my favorite things to do is dance.

Most of all, I love the way that I can relate to the lyrics. My friends poke fun at me because I always joke, “This song was written about me.” Of course the song wasn’t really written about me, but I relate to it is such a way that makes me feel that is was. I would assume that would be a compliment to a songwriter who scribbled the words down in hopes that someone out there may relate to the tune.

Music can make you feel sad, mad, happy or confused. No matter the feeling that is invoked, for me, music is mostly just fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment