Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Thank you, Mexico

I am not one to party on work nights. I like to be in bed relatively early so that I will be well rested for the next day’s work. However, this year Cinco de Mayo fell on a Thursday and unfortunately, it required over 24 hours of recovery on my part.

Cinco de Mayo is one of the few holidays you can celebrate without having to by gifts. My kind of holiday.

My friends and I jetted over to one of Buckhead’s best Mexican venues right after work to enjoy the block party they had planned. After just one pomegranate margarita, I decided to go for the double fist because the lines for drinks were obscene. This was my first mistake. It didn’t take long to finish those and go back for my next round.

Once other friends began to arrive, I started having more drinks passed my way. After we finished there (without me actually eating any food), we moseyed over to our favorite hangout spot. From this point on, I remember having a blast. However I do not remember all of the photos that were posted on Facebook the following day. Yes, it was that kind of night.

After drinking far too much, some of us managed to make it home. Unfortunately, I didn’t take the gate key for my apartment complex and my phone died. So, I had to crawl under the gate lying flat on my back.

The next morning I went to work with no makeup. Yes, it was that kind of day. Now that I am fully recovered, I can say that I am so glad that I strayed from my elderly ways and went out with my friends. It was a blast.

Love this city :).

1 comment:

  1. Bahaha, good laugh this morning! And you are totally right, Cinco de Mayo is the BEST! Like you, I had a rough next work day, not quite the shimmy under the gate kind of evening - but still a fun one! I'm glad you had a fabulous Cinco de Mayo and I can't wait to come party with you in the big city.

    ReplyDelete