Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I’ve got my city girl shoes on.


“So many roads. So many detours. So many choices. So many mistakes.”
- Carrie Bradshaw

I’ve lived in Atlanta, GA for 21 months. What started out as being just a summer internship led to a full-time job and has blossomed into what may or may not be a career (gasp)!

I had plans to crash at my uncle’s house for that first summer after college, but with me graduating at the worst possible time ever, that turned into what seemed like forever. The company I work for wasn’t able to pay me what I believed I needed, but now, finally, I got a raise.

First thing I did was call my best friend Jamie, who agreed to find a place with me. The thing was, this needed to happen quickly. I had 18 days to get my own place because my uncle was moving.

While I got the raise, I’m still not making loads of mula, so this hunt to find a new home was going to be hard. I needed something in a safe area and as close to Buckhead as possible. Is that even achievable? Yes, I could have saved some money by living further out, but this is my chance to live close to my favorite hangout spots and be young, right?

With a new lease, a hefty furniture purchase and several trips to Ikea, I’m happy to announce that I am now a resident of North Buckhead. I’m 3.7 miles from my favorite bar, to be exact.

Although I’ve had quite some time to learn my way around this city, I feel as if I’m just starting out. Yes, I’ve been paying my own bills and making adult decisions for a couple of years now, but I actually get to enjoy life as a young adult.

Atlanta may not be the biggest city in the world, but it’s a far cry from Waycross, GA. I’m ready for this. I’m ready to take this in. I’m ready to have a good time. I’m ready to make mistakes. I’ve got my city girl shoes on.

2 comments:

  1. Love, love love! I'm lucky enough to be a plane ride (or drive) away~ Can't wait to visit that bar 3.7 miles away. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your new place Kelli! Oh, and I can take a stab at which bar you are referring to!
    -LOVE

    ReplyDelete