Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I judge a book by its cover.


“Oh yea, I'm headed for a story book ending.” – Carrie Bradshaw

I love, love, love to read. But I never feel like I have time for it these days. I find myself picking up new books at Barnes & Noble, and then just setting them on a shelf to look pretty. I used to love the days when I could grab a book and spend the day lounging by the pool to read and soak up some rays.

Currently, I’d have to say my favorite book is “If You Have To Cry, Go Outside” by Kelly Cutrone. I could probably write an entire post on what I learned from this book. It’s amazing, really. But aside from the non-fiction stuff, I love a good, filthy novel about some young woman with a great job who goes through men as much as she changes her nail polish.

I don’t personally have some grand job that hundreds of young college girls hope they can land, and I don’t hook up with lots of guys. That may be why I love these books so much. I wish I had the balls to be like the women featured in these books.

Since the sun finally decided to come out in Atlanta last weekend, I found myself running to the pool. I grabbed a book just like old times and have started the infamous “Chasing Harry Winston.” So far, so good.

I’d also like to recommend “Bergdorf Blondes,” “Debutante Divorce,” and “The Accidental Diva.” The first two mentioned are by none other than Plum Sykes, talk about a girl with an amazing career!

Maybe one day my life will be fabulous enough to be exaggerated on in a New York Times best seller. Until then, I’ll just read about everyone else.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to borrow Kelly Cutrone's book next time we run into each other :) I have some beach days ahead of me...hopefully you can join me for some of them!

    ReplyDelete