Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Best Accessory Isn’t Always a Man on Your Arm


“If you are single, there is always one thing you should take out
with you on a Saturday night- your friends.” – Carrie Bradshaw

My favorite thing to do on the weekends? Go out with my girlfriends, of course! I have a great collection of friends that are always down to go out. Doesn’t matter where, doesn’t matter with who; we will just go.

At the beginning of every week, I’m already worried about what I am going to wear that weekend. As I’ve previously mentioned, I’m not the heir to the fortune of Daddy Warbucks and do not have the luxury of charging things on a black card (maybe one day), so the planning is very strategic. It’s based on where I’m going, who I’ll see and whether or not there will be pictures taken. Even with days of planning, the outfit usually isn’t chosen until the moment before I go out that night.

Truth is, my mood for the evening depends heavily on the outfit of choice. I can usually spice up even a bland outfit with a smear of red lipstick, but the outfit still has to feel good. Nonetheless, I usually end up having the time of my life and making memories that are sure to be shared for a long time, or at least shared the next morning when we are all piecing together the events of the night before.

A great night with friends isn’t properly had without dancing, so we go prepared to shake off a few carbs from the sugary drinks we are going to intake. Emphasis on the dancing, because it's a great way to cap off a fun night. I love all kinds of music, as long as it has a beat. And the person with whom I dance has to be able to keep up with that beat!

Inside a cute handbag or clutch, we always take a camera, lipstick and gum. But, the best accessory for a night out is definitely a girlfriend by your side. Sometimes we go with guys we know, sometimes we meet new ones there, and yes, sometimes we may even leave with them. But the real fun is had with the girlfriends, so I never leave them behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment